THE GREENHOUSE COTTAGES OF WALNUT RIDGE
COMING MID-YEAR 2021
Why Walnut Ridge?
- Everyone in Arkansas should have access to the best long term care
- Especially during COVID-19, there is no better way to isolate infection and provide the best care than with individual cottages that remove elders from institutional practices
- The elder community of Walnut Ridge deserve the best and the Green House Cottage is that model
- We want to grow with the people of Walnut Ridge and the surrounding community
What makes a Green House home different?
- Our cottages offer a small cottage environment with elders living life in their own home with private rooms, private bathroom and showers, made to order, “family-style” meals based on elder’s choice
- Our cottages have no medical sign posts, no alarms, no buzzers, no med cart, no loudspeakers, no restraints
- Our 1:4 direct care staff ratio is substantially more than the State/Federal average.
- We get to know each elder’s likes and dislikes; their wants and desires.
- Our elders’ families come more often, stay longer and are encouraged to participate in activities including cooking
- We welcome kids
- We promote a rhythmic, comfortable, natural flow that is reminiscent of living and all the special moments of home
- We emphasize quality of life including privacy, dignity, autonomy and emotional well being
- Our elders have freedom of choice, including when to wake up and when (and what) to eat
- We offer customized rehab programs with a holistic approach to care with a therapy ratio of 1:1
What To Expect
- 4 new buildings set in cottage style with private suites for each elder
- 12 rooms for elders in each cottage
- 64 total beds
- Private rooms
- 32,000 additional square feet to the Walnut Ridge facility
- The existing building will be renovated to become only private rooms
- Redevelopment budget of $10.9 million
- New jobs in the community
IN THE NEWS
From Arkansas Business By: Arkansas Business Staff Southern Administrative Services broke ground Tuesday on a $10.9 million nursing home development in Walnut Ridge, the Green House Cottages of Walnut Ridge. The company provides administrative and support services to...
From Arkansas Money & Politics By: Tyler Hale A new nursing home development is going up in the Northeast Arkansas community of Walnut Ridge. Southern Administrative Services has broken ground on an approximately $11 million development called Green House Cottages...
From the Walnut Ridge Times Dispatch By: Gretchen Hunt Southern Administrative Services representatives and local dignitaries announced and broke ground Tuesday on a nearly $11-million nursing home development in Walnut Ridge. The Green House Cottages of Walnut Ridge...
From KAIT By Logan Whaley | August 25, 2020 at 7:14 PM CDT - Updated August 25 at 7:14 PM WALNUT RIDGE, Ark. (KAIT) - A groundbreaking ceremony for a new $10.9 million assisted living complex next to the Walnut Ridge Nursing and Rehab Center happened Tuesday morning....
From Northeast Arkansas Fox August 25, 2020. Cydney Thompson, Northeast Arkansas News In a few weeks, a 30,000 square foot facility will begin construction for a new rehabilitation and elder care facility to provide the best quality service across Northeast...